SHALER AREA LITTLE LEAGUE
COVID/UNFORESEEN EMERGENCY REFUND POLICY
- Upon registering your child for Shaler Area Little League, you have committed your child for the season and all sales are final.
- Shaler Area Little League is a Non-Profit Organization which relies on registrations and sponsorships to provide an opportunity for children to engage in community baseball and softball activities.
- Included in the registration fee is a $50 fundraising fee which is 100% non-refundable. Each family with a registration is charged the fundraising fee and will be given raffle tickets to sell. In the event of any cancelation or postponement, the fundraiser will move forward and the family will receive the raffle tickets in lieu of any refunds.
- In the event Shaler Area Little League (due to COVID-19, another health epidemic/pandemic and/or other unforeseen circumstances) is unable to have a season following the registration of a player, the league Board will consider partial equitable refunds (with the exception of the fundraising fee) as follows:
- 1. Prior to uniforms being ordered, the Board may consider up to a 90% refund. The other percentage retained by the league would be reflective of indoor clinic opportunities offered to registered players as well as insurance and equipment costs advanced.
- 2. After uniform orders are placed (typically in the middle of March for a Spring Season), the Board may consider up to a 50% refund. The other percentage retained by the league would be reflective of the costs noted in number 1 above as well as costs associated with purchasing uniforms. Please note, in this circumstance, the registered player would receive the uniform.
- 3. After the registered player has begun practicing with their team (one practice equals the beginning of practice), the Board may consider up to a 25% refund. The other percentage retained by the league would be reflective of the costs noted in numbers 1 and 2 above as well as costs associated with field preparation, materials and equipment.
- 4. After the registered player has played in a game with their team, there are no refunds.
Based on the circumstances of any given season, other accommodations and/or options may also be considered at the discretion of the Board for modified, shortened and/or postponed seasons. Other refund requests may be submitted to the Board for consideration and are handled on a case by case basis.